The Faubourg St. Roch Improvement Association (FSRIA) is an engaged group of neighbors committed to the future of this affordable, thriving community of residents and businesses. The Association serves the area bound by St. Claude Avenue, Elysian Fields Avenue, Florida Avenue and Press Street (along the Press Street Train Tracks). Our purpose is to promote the physical, cultural and architectural values of the area of the Eighth Ward included in the Association’s boundaries.
FSRIA provides an organized framework to promote, preserve and enhance the quality of life and values in the neighborhood by:
- providing an opportunity for dialogue concerning issues and solutions in the neighborhood
- establishing a direct line of communication with members of the City of New Orleans and other agencies
- providing a forum for airing grievances
- securing adequate enforcement of all laws of the City of New Orleans
- extending opportunities to residents, landowners, entrepreneurs, and other interested parties through education about neighborhood and community affairs and local topics of immediate interest
- connecting residents with resources and services
- increasing homeownership opportunities
- creating a safe living and working environment
- enhancing the quality of life across the neighborhood
- supporting recreation and other activities for the children of the neighborhood
- encouraging residents to become involved in community affairs
- having an effective unified voice to address issues that impact the neighborhood
The FSRIA General Membership Meeting is held at St. Roch Community Church (1739 Saint Roch Avenue across from Saint Roch Cemetery) on the second Thursday of every month from 6 to 7:30 PM. All are welcome. Snacks are served.